ECOCERT is an internationally recognised organisation for certification of foodstuffs and cosmetic products. The defined quality criteria set a standard for natural and organic cosmetics. STYX Naturcosmetic has been working in close cooperation with ECOCERT since 2011 in order to guarantee the highest quality standards.
Every single product is checked during the certification. In the process, special attention is paid to the origin and quality of raw materials as well as the method of processing in the company. All aspects involved in the value-added process : from raw material supplier to marketing : are controlled in the course of certification by ECOCERT. The entire STYX product range is adapted to the standards in the ongoing process and constant dialogue. Products already certified can be recognised by means of the ECOCERT logo.
ECOCERT quality criteria for natural cosmetics:
- 95 % of all ingredients are of natural origin
- 5 % of all ingredients in the end product stem from organic farming
- 50 % of the herbal substances utilised stem from organic farming
- Synthetic dyes and fragrances, synthetic fats, oils, silicones and petroleum products are not allowed
- No animal experiments with the finished product
- Use of animal raw materials only from living animals
- Only specific substances are allowed for preservation
- Renunciation of genetically modified raw materials
- No radioactive irradiation for sterilisation of raw materials of products
See also: ECOCERT Standard for Natural and Organic Cosemtics or www.ecocert.de
IHTK – cosmetics without animal experiments
STYX is a member in the International Manufacturers Association against Animal Testing in Cosmetics (IHTK). This guarantees that the product range is produced without animal experiments.
More information at: www.ihtk.de
Our vegan logo reveals at a glance which STYX products are 100% free from animal ingredients.